- An encumbrance is registered against the property of the home owner.
- Lake fees are mandatory.
- Membership fees are paid annually and are due on the 1st of April each year. Membership fee invoices are mailed to you in March. If your fees remain unpaid, access to the park will be denied.
- A "member" is as defined in the articles of association of the McKenzie Lake Residents Association
- Members will be issued a membership card to demonstrate they're in good standings for access to the lake
- Each member must present their membership card upon entrance to the park.
- Membership cards ARE NOT transferable.
Issuance of Membership
- If you are the registered owner of a property within the predetermined MLRA boundary lines, you are entitled to a MLRA membership. Visit the Main Office during business hours to activate your membership.
- A one time $10.00 fee is applied to all new memberships.
- If you are the registered owner but have renting tenants, you have the option of transferring the membership to the tenants. However membership can only be given to either the owner or the tenants.
- If renting, a letter is required from the owner indicating that he/she transfers their lake privileges to you (the tenant), and the tenant needs to bring their lease agreement to the office. We will also need additional proof of residency through Government Identification. The address on your government ID must match the McKenzie Lake address in which you reside (You are required by law to update the address information on your provincial identification within 14 days of moving). Memberships are only issued to permanent residents. The owner has the right at any time to cancel the tenants membership.
- Unmarried children, boarders and nannies that are 21 years of age and older will be issued cards with the written consent of the member. They will also be required to show proof of residency (Government Identification) before a membership card is issued.
- Membership cards are automatically updated through our computer system once payment has been reached at our office.
- If membership cards are lost or damaged there will be a charge of $5 for replacement.
- Membership cards can be issued to member's children who are 12 years of age or older with parent's consent.
- Membership cards remain the property of the Association who may request such cards be returned if the card holder breaches these rules.